CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

21st March 2013, 09:25
In the first two years at grammar school we had to do woodwork; in those two years I made a tea-pot stand, and it wobbled! I envy you your skill, busby.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

busby

21st March 2013, 09:29
I am certainly not a cabinet maker but it is a hobby I enjoy. I would prefer to give life to an old piece than have to create a new one. What do you like doing in your spare time? ( If you have some).
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2013, 09:36
As you may have gathered from my name, I'm an active member of the Ramblers. Sometimes I lead the group walks, other times I'm happy to be led. mrs rambler and I also go for walks together. I enjoy devising walks from OS maps.We live near the Lincolnshire Wolds which is an AONB Apart from doing the odd crossword, reading and keeping the property up to scratch that's it.
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

busby

21st March 2013, 09:46
I'm not sure where you are talking about, but I was born in Yorkshire and my parents tell me about lots of walks in the Yorkshire Dales. I have lived nearly all my life in Australia. I also enjoy "bush walking" but think it might be a bit different to what you are doing. Please explain AONB ?
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2013, 09:49
Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our big event is coming up - hope the link works.

http://www.visitlincolnshire.com/thedms.aspx?dms=13&venue=9323468&feature=1001
10 of 16  -   Report This Post

busby

21st March 2013, 10:01
WOW a thousand years plus of history, great buildings and beautiful country side to be a "rambler" in, with every thing else on offer....I'm starting to be a little bit jealous. I'm most determine to check out a map of the country I was born in and see just where Lincolnshire is in relationship to where I came from.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2013, 10:05
It's not very far away, busby. Where in Oz do you live? - 'bush walking' sounds very exciting.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

busby

21st March 2013, 10:20
I live in a very small town in central western New South Wales called Dunedoo. It's classed as a remote community. Population about 700. We are on the edge of the Warrumbungle National Park and also Coolah Tops. The links attached may explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrumbungles
http://www.warrumbungleregion.com.au/thingsToSeeDo.cfm?newsId=30
the scenery around here is quite spectacular.
cheers
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2013, 10:42
Blimey, busby, that's fantastic - makes the Wolds look very tame indeed!
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

busby

21st March 2013, 10:53
Very different scenery that we enjoy, but getting "out there" and enjoying it is what counts. Hope you and Mrs. Rambler are well and enjoying life.I have very much appreciated our conversation this evening. Thanks heaps. Hope to hear from you soon. It's nearly my bedtime as I have to drive 30 kids to school tomorrow morning. (I have a school bus service).
All the best.
15 of 16  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @rambler