CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

20th March 2013, 15:13
I have noticed that there is no consistency in the way we address each other on the forum since capitals were abolished in our usernames. Do you think it is a good idea to register our preferences on this thread?

Another way would be to end our posts with a 'signature' - or does it not matter?
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

rambler

20th March 2013, 15:43
I suppose I should say I prefer 'rambler'
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

mrw

20th March 2013, 15:45
Your right there is no consistency. Personally it doesn't bother me I'm using my initials. But I have to admit to shortening names of posters without finding out if it is acceptable. It may matter to some.

On a different note I was listening to some vintage Sandy and julian recently, the one where Sandy reveals Julian's middle name! As well as his surname.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

rambler

20th March 2013, 15:57
JML? isn't that a marketing company? I introduced Julian and Sandy into some clues a while back but I know some are irritated by them.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

mrw

20th March 2013, 16:04
I think you may be right there about JML. They don't irritate me I used to listen to Round the horn on a Sunday morning while I was serving in Germany in the late 60's and early 70's we only had the radio or was it still the wireless in those days. They always have me in fits. I thought the fisherman's ring was excellent.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th March 2013, 21:34
Good evening...

Must admit I do try and use people's original "names" but do often forget if it was in upper or lower case...plus my spell checker often just takes charge and I do not know how to change it.

Rambler??? Did you start out as "therambler"???

I do prefer pastille in the lower case.....but don't really mind.

At least my computer now recognises redundant elf ....eventually ....x
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th March 2013, 21:35
By the way....Julian and Sandy can make an appearance any time they want.

P@
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

rambler

20th March 2013, 21:54
pastille: my username has always been 'rambler'. Sometimes you confuse me with 'THEAMBLER' :)
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th March 2013, 23:50
Seriously rambler, I would never confuse you with " theambler"..

Kissypoos
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

20th March 2013, 23:54
I am perfectly happy with Mamy or mamya - on other sites I am Mamyalynne and they shorten it - doesn't bother it.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post