CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

winnie

27th April 2013, 21:16
Hi puzzled. Try these hints for size
25. An area on a darts board where you score 25 pts also the name of a sweet
72, Anagram 'papers' to give pen name of an author who created a 1920 detective who's name is the answer.
83.Anagram of 6th and 7th words
95. Investigate Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
Promise you when you have got all the answers - you will miss doing this quiz!!!!! Good luck
307 of 320  -   Report This Post

puzzled

28th April 2013, 12:21
Thanks so much winnie for all your help again, just looked in while lunch is cooking so will work on them later,
Thanks also for your good wishes & I'm sure you are correct as I have enjoyed the challenge, but I have another 20 quizzes yet to do & I like to try & work them out for myself asking for help only when my books & google can no longer help me. Best Wishes x
308 of 320  -   Report This Post

puzzled

29th April 2013, 19:42
winnie I'm afraid it's me again with your help I finished the last clue last night or thought I had until I counted 51 dogs & 49 cats !!!!!!
Can you confirm for me that no 25 is b---- e--- & if it is a cat or a dog. I know nothing about darts so possibly am not working down the right lines as it doesn't seem to have any relevance to no. 24, I'm hoping this is where my problem is. Thanks.
309 of 320  -   Report This Post

puzzled

29th April 2013, 20:29
Hi again winnie after a bit more research I think it is no. 25 causing me the problem but not sure if the answer is B---- E-- or T---- C--, please can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks again for all your help.x
310 of 320  -   Report This Post

winnie

29th April 2013, 22:15
Hi puzzled. I have b--- e-- for 25 and I think it is right but I am intrigued what t--- c-- is !!
311 of 320  -   Report This Post

heather39

30th April 2013, 01:30
h i everyone.th anks for your help but still stuck on no.20. have put in the three words but as someone else said it only makes 10 letters not 11.also having problems with no.70. have changed it twiceneed some more help please. brain not been working v.well this week, off sick.
312 of 320  -   Report This Post

puzzled

30th April 2013, 10:27
Thanks winnie so pleased that is sorted have now finished !!!! The t c was tabby cat ? I appreciate all the help you have given me.Good Luck & Best Wishes x

heather39 get well soon.
Not much good at giving clues but 20 Add an L
70 Anagram cats then think of something worn in bed.
Good Luck to all on this very enjoyable quiz.
313 of 320  -   Report This Post

winnie

30th April 2013, 20:30
Hi puzzled, you are very welcome to any hints I've given - I have always been grateful for a little additional help - I think it is friendly. After all its not as though we are doing for profit - are we !
Re 25 For confirmation that b---- e-- is correct , it is the name of Bill Sykes dog in Oliver Twist ( that is the dog connection).
Be in touch next quiz. Take care. x
314 of 320  -   Report This Post

puzzled

30th April 2013, 20:44
Thank you winnie I was hoping the answer was a cat as I found a cat with a bulls eye mark on it under tabby cat & I have 51 dogs & 49 cats. Back to the drawing board & I thought I had finished, Best Wishes x
315 of 320  -   Report This Post

calliewag

30th April 2013, 22:38
It could be something as simple as counting one name in the wrong half...I was in the same situation until i realised I'd been counting Garfield as a dog!
316 of 320  -   Report This Post