CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

crackabilly

16th March 2013, 12:59
Pretty confident I have the correct 11 words around perimeter, but clueless on what the sequence is, what the significance of "bilateral" is, and the missing two members. I found this one the hardest for a number of weeks. The gentlest of hints would be appreciated - otherwise, I'll forget about it and concentrate on tomorrow's EV 1062
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

nick

16th March 2013, 13:09
Good to see you soldiering on, don't give up now, Crackabilly. Don't look for anything too complicated and think of the bi rather than bilateral. As said before it isn't the words themselves but rather something within them.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

16th March 2013, 13:57
Write the 11 words underneath each other in a list and study their letters - the 2 that are missing in the list are in place 9 and place 12 (making the bilateral list up to 13)
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

crackabilly

16th March 2013, 14:13
Thanks Nick, the penny has dropped.
My sequence breaks down a little after SYNCOPE. I have HARSH, DUVET & CARYA. The missing letters are Q T W X Z. However, I was expecting two pairs - don't know whether CARYZ is a word?
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

crackabilly

16th March 2013, 14:14
Thanks as well sudokulover
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

tony

16th March 2013, 14:24
The sequence is huRST dUVet coryZa

Hurst - wood (25d)

Duvet - quilt (22a)

Coryza - cold (16d)
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

nick

16th March 2013, 14:25
You are nearly there but HARSH is wrong (you need a word for wood) and (I think) the last one actually runs into the rhs column so that one letter is used twice.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

crackabilly

16th March 2013, 16:27
Thanks again Nick & Tony.
Finished now - I found it a bit of a slogg but enjoyable
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1061