CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

12th March 2013, 16:33
Hi GK
Have you been affected by the dreadful weather on the continent that I have been reading about, or is that all further north?
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th March 2013, 14:23
Sorry, chris, only just seen your q.
I thought all the chaos was limited to the North, but this morning we woke up to several centimetres of snow everywhere -- not half as bad as around Paris, though, with hundreds of people spending the night in their cars etc.
We had the electrician in for a couple of small jobs which he did in a few hours. At the end he explained the typical rate around here (official) is about 240 pounds for the day (which seldom means more than 6 hours). But you're lucky to find anyone who will do more than promise to come. Is it as bad as that where you live?
Otherwise in very good spirits, now with two cats, wood-burner, Miles Kington Franglais books (just finished) -- and I think it's now time for a tiny Armagnac! Cheers!
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th March 2013, 14:27
Hi GK
We are having a very cold week, but at least the snow has now gone. Rain and wind I believe for the weekend.
Touch wood, we haven't needed an electrician for some time. Plumbers, though.....!
3 of 3  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For GK