CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redundantelf

12th March 2013, 13:26
Hi emrach, don't want to clutter up jolan's thread - so have posted here.

Travelled up to Edinburgh by train on the Friday and had to stand all the way from Crewe!! Luckily we had some liquid sustenance and the banter was good.

The weather on Saturday was @#*?*?@ freezing and the match (unfortunately) was terrible due to a combination of poor discipline and poor refereeing.

I had to go and lie in a hot bath for about half an hour after the match to thaw out!!! Still it did not stop us from having a great time and my liver is now glad of the rest. Roll on next w/e

How was you w/e?
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th March 2013, 14:27
Hi RE

Its mad the amount of people who have to stand on the train On our way back from Brighton last year people were standing all the way from Euston to Glasgow. Not me I had a seat but refrained from eye contact!!! It was a shame the weather was poor it really was cold. Unfortunately watched the match and according to the commentators it was a record breaker re penalties given.

I bet you had fun though and the Welsh fans are brilliant. Rose street must have been jumping as my girls would say. My weekend was reasonably quiet until Sunday. The girls surprised me with a lunch out Bar Soba in Byres Rd. The food was lovely - noodles, tempura and rare steak salad as the snow was falling amid beautiful sunshine. Needless to say the pub was calling I left them at half eight feeling quite proud of myself for knowing when to leave but my hangover yesterday told a different story. When will I learn??? x
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th March 2013, 14:29
PS Just a bit of gossip Neil Lennon and Kevin Bridges were also in the pub
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

12th March 2013, 14:41
Just had a look at the Sabo website - aren't you the trendy young thing!

Met Kevin Bridges a couple of years ago when he played at our local theatre (it's always used by big names as a testing ground for there new material) and he seemed a nice guy.

All the comedians normally have a drink in the bar after the show to try and gauge what the reaction was to the material - which generally lasts into the wee small hours.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

12th March 2013, 14:46
That should have read 'Soba', What was it Eric Morecambe said ? - all the right keys - but not necessarily in the right order!
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th March 2013, 14:49
Ha Ha I love that quote haven't heard it in ages
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th March 2013, 14:52
..... just looked at the website it looks trendier than it actually is.
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

12th March 2013, 15:03
btw - thanks for the mention on PR about my 'Bent bonds' clue. I'm glad you thought it was funny as I had all sorts of visions jumping around in my head.
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

rambler

12th March 2013, 15:10
Julian and Sandy were not amused.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

12th March 2013, 15:13
Do you think we're out of the mire now rambler?
10 of 28  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @ emrach