CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

david

20th November 2009, 22:26
Clue: Gun Rule

Letters: M???E

and also
Clue: Just the party for the chaser
Letters: ?????W
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

jimc

20th November 2009, 22:55
Hi David.

Just an idea for "Gun Rule" ... canon (rule) sounds like cannon (gun). I do appreciate that it doesn't fit the 2 letters given; just thought I'd mention it.

JimC
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

sammy

20th November 2009, 22:59
I was thinking of rule in the sense of a ruler for measuring length e.g a metre rule. But I dunno...
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

big dave

20th November 2009, 23:18
I think the first one could well be MAXIM

For the second I can only offer SEARCH party, an anagram of chaser.

Neither match your checked letters.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

sammy

21st November 2009, 01:28
Party: could be a "do", so words with "do" in them, bearing in mind the W you have, something like shadow, perhaps? To shadow - to follow, could that be to chase?

But then again, another kind of party could give you something like Lab, Con, Lib etc.

Are you certain of the letters you have already?
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

david

21st November 2009, 15:36
Thanks everybody but I have gone down the same lines as yourselves and am still stumped unless I have got a couple of other clues wrong. The two problem clues are in the same area so maybe the answers round them are wrong. The two clues which give me the letters I have are:
Sailor's knot. (3-4) My answer is Sea Mile
The other clue is
Fragrant plant belonging to you and me (5)
My answer is Sweet (plant =Set you and me = we)

Any of you improve on these answers???????
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

jimc

21st November 2009, 16:34
Hi again David.

Fragrant plant belonging to you and me (5) could be thymy ('thy' + 'my') which (possibly?) gives an 'M' as the last letter of the clueGun Rule (5) to support Big Dave's suggestion of maxim.

For your second clue (Just the party for the chaser in your original post) ...
What was the clue (and crossing letters) that gave you the 'W' as the last letter of the answer?

JimC
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

jimc

21st November 2009, 16:48
Hi again.

To answer my own question .. I realise now that the 'W' from 'sweet' probably gave you the last letter of the answer to Just the party for the chaser (6).

Therefore, if 'thymy' is correct, then an 'H' should now replace the 'W' - so (once again!) supporting Big Dave's suggestion of search for the answer to Just the party for the chaser (6).

JimC
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

aljanon

21st November 2009, 16:48
Clue: Just the party for the chaser
Letters: ?????W

When I first saw this I so wanted it to be 7 letters so I could suggest RAINBOW.
Rainbow Party - a 'do' I would love to be invited to (as a recipient lol).
And Rainbow Chaser - a favourite song from the late 60s.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

sammy

21st November 2009, 18:47
That would be the plant called THYME.(thy= the clue "belonging to you"; me= "and me".)

10 of 13  -   Report This Post