CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

4th March 2013, 00:14
Here we go again! This time I couldn't sign in at the main page because an advert for ITV covers half of the sign-in box.

I managed to sign in at the crossword page but the crossword (print version) isn't there yet. Can anyone see the interactive one? It's by Brummie.
1 of 59  -   Report This Post

livs

4th March 2013, 00:17
Ooh ooh ooh! It's there! Just goes to show, repeatedly jabbing the same buttons on the computer DOES make it work.
2 of 59  -   Report This Post

dizoz

4th March 2013, 00:32
hi livs, just had a look at Genius 117. IT'S ONE OF THOSE TWISTERS-----EVERY CLUE IS INVOLVED IN CONFUSING US SOLVERS > :>)) best of luck!!
3 of 59  -   Report This Post

livs

4th March 2013, 00:44
I know, dizoz - aaaargh!!!
4 of 59  -   Report This Post

dizoz

4th March 2013, 01:03
hi livs, I have a plan of action on this one. step one- find the seven anagram definitions (think i've got one, already). what do you think??
5 of 59  -   Report This Post

livs

4th March 2013, 01:16
I agree. Just been trying but the only one that leaps out is 14D and I can't match any of the possibilities to the first part of the clue.

I thought 6A might be another one, but I have the same difficulty in actually solving it.

19A first word makes an interesting one, but who knows?

On the other hand, 20D looked like it should be an anagram but the only thing it makes doesn't seem to have a definition there or elsewhere.

This one is outside my comfort zone and I think I'm going to go to bed - I'm in the UK. If you're in Oz then I wish you luck with it!
6 of 59  -   Report This Post

livs

4th March 2013, 01:20
Oh, and 21A and 22A first bits go together - ? I dunno. It's a bit tenuous.

7 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

4th March 2013, 01:22
This one's a tougher than normal...10A is one of the anagram defn's and I think 6A is too.
8 of 59  -   Report This Post

livs

4th March 2013, 01:26
Hiya, yeah I wondered about 10A but I have two poss anag's and neither of them is anything to do with psychiatrists. Have I misunderstood the instructions, cos nothing's going together at the moment? The anag'd definition has the rest of the clue in the same number clue, right?
9 of 59  -   Report This Post

dizoz

4th March 2013, 01:30
hi livs,ixion. I think 16a is definitely anagram. not easy , eh!
10 of 59  -   Report This Post