CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

26th February 2013, 18:56
Sorry, I notice now you only wanted clues, but the answer has been around for a few hours already, I think!
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

eccles45

26th February 2013, 19:04
Sadly, I only started it less than 1 hour ago and after getting stuck on just this one, was hoping for a hint.

Never mind
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

pleydell

26th February 2013, 19:05
Dear G K ,thanks anyway, pleydell
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

cantersue

26th February 2013, 19:12
Hi everyone. Struggle to finish, but done now. Held up by trying to find answer to 9d as a "bug" when the answer is a disease.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th February 2013, 13:17
I've always wondered about this. We get our Radio Times by post in a plastic envelope. Do advertisers whose adverts are actually within the magazine pay more than those whose adverts in in the envelope but outside the magazine (and are thus easier to remove without looking at them)?
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

devonian

27th February 2013, 14:28
Hi all - interesting thought Chrise, advertising must subsidise the mag as its almost half price compared to the news stands. Its always the short words that seem to give me trouble :- 6d 'Hearing test' I've got *r*a* further clues please
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th February 2013, 14:32
That's an interesting one, devonian. Jazzgirl and I both originally had AURAL for that one - better than the actual answer, we think!
The "hearing" is a legal version.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

devonian

27th February 2013, 14:50
Thanks Chrise - yes aural, also my first thought, was a better fit for the clue, Are others being plagued by the Debenhams ads ?
10 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th February 2013, 15:02
Hi
Just checking in for the first time today (I've been busy looking after a black Labrador this morning ) I now prefer the real answer to 6d. In fact it is quite a clever clue. :)
11 of 13  -   Report This Post

big h

28th February 2013, 09:07
I have been waiting for someone to request help with 17d but obviously it must be fairly straitforward but I cannot see it. I have -o-e-o- . A hint please. Big H
12 of 13  -   Report This Post