CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

26th February 2013, 17:18
Well then, that was a bit more like it this week Apart from trying to fit the answer for 12 across into the space for 11 across, it was all relatively straight forward. Last week's puzzle certainly taxed the brain cells.

Hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th February 2013, 17:21
Nice to hear from you, pipesmoker.

Jazzgirl and I had a brief discussion on another thread - we both put AURAL (sounds like ORAL) for 6dn first - not convinced it's not a better answer!
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th February 2013, 17:24
Hello Pipesmoker
I thought this week's was trickier than RT9 (at least for me) especially 19d which was the last to fall.
Some very clever clues though. Best wishes. J
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th February 2013, 17:55
Hi, chrise and jazzgirl. Yes,, Aural was my first thought, but test in question is more of the sort that you will find in the High Court (without being too specific!!).

Hope this helps.

P
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th February 2013, 17:57
Thanks for your help, pipesmoker - but we did both correct ourselves!
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th February 2013, 17:57
Yes, Mr P, I had to change it when I realised 8a didn't fit !
Hope you are well. J
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

night owl

1st March 2013, 06:16
Hello everyone. I haven't fallen off my perch, I've been here all the time but until my daughter "cleaned" my PC it wouldn't let me post. Surprised how some struggled with RT9. I find them all difficult but I managed to do it eventually with no tips. Not so this week - it didn't help that I have never heard of the word "tiro".
I normally get my RT in the post on a Tuesday but for 3 weeks now it has been a day late - is this happening to anyone else?
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

doreman

1st March 2013, 12:30
Can't for the life of me work out 19 down, only 5 letters and I have 2 of them but the other three aren't coming ! Is it me or there a new compiler as each week seems to have more obscure clues and answers, i.e 16A
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st March 2013, 12:35
Put a B in another word upwards (that is more usually spelled differently than here, I think)
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

doreman

1st March 2013, 14:50
Many thanks, it all becomes clear.....sort of. I too had never come across 'tiro' before.
If nothing else the RT broadens ones vocabulary !!
10 of 14  -   Report This Post