CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

1st March 2013, 14:53
I was surprised to find that Chambers gives the two spellings equal status - I am only familiar with the Y form.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

mondrian

2nd March 2013, 10:29
Hello all. We seem to be very depleted numbers this week. Thanks to you all for the birthday greetings on last weeks post.. In answer I did not go to Jamie Olivers`s parents restaurant, I think that was Magworth who also had a birthday. Have been to Jamie Olivers bistro in Glasgow and vg it is too. My own birthday treat will be for later this month when my daughter is taking me for an overnight stay at Gleneagles Hotel - famous for its golf and G8 summit a few years ago!!

Meantime am stuck on 16A New trousseau without gold or silk (9). Also re14D Is that a German sausage that I have never heard of before? AS with someone else I was stuck on 19D and had to read chrise`s suggestion. Thanks for that.

Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd March 2013, 10:33
Hi mondrian
Glorious day today - is spring here?
16a Take one of the 2-letter abbreviations for gold out, then anagram the remainder - def. "silk"
14d I have a quite well-known German sausage.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd March 2013, 10:51
Good Morning Mondrian,
There are two RT threads this week, so if you wish to see who else has checked in, here is the link to the other one: http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/328341/offset/0

It's quite chilly here and no sign of any sun but there are signs of Spring in the daffodils that are now in bloom.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post