CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

22nd February 2013, 19:00
Just in case any of you are unaware of the regular games and competitions that appear on this site, in brief, a description, time and day is listed below. Please note times may vary.
These are open to anyone who wishes to join in and all are very welcome.
While they are all for fun Clue Chain is an ideal introduction for clue setting as it is very lighted hearted and you can interact and chat to fellow compilers.

• Clue Chain. Mondays 1pm – 6pm. A cryptic clue is set and the first to answer correctly will then set a clue and so on.

• Jolan’s (5@5). Tuesday a 1pm Jolan sets five clues and at 5pm solvers will post their answers. Parsing is also given by Jolan.

• Clueless. Tuesday 1pm and closes on Wednesday at 4.30pm. The idea is to compose a cryptic clue to a given word or phrase by the previous winner who will also judge and declare the winning clue. It is customary for the judge to donate a virtual prize to the winner.

• Peer Review. Thursday around 1pm and closes on Friday at 4.30pm. The winner is declared around 8pm. Similar to Clueless however it is your peers who vote on their favourite clue. It is customary for the judge to donate a virtual prize to the winner.

• Joint Effort (JE). This is monthly whereby a word (or several depending on how many people are participating) is sent to you and you compose a clue and a crossword is produced using all the clues. Parsing and solutions are given around 5-7 days later.

1 of 23  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd February 2013, 19:13
What a coincidence Emrach, we must have been typing at the same time. I do like your much shorter explanation of the JE.

You did forget one of the regular features which is ixion's superb 7 clues with an final teaser clue called "The Weekend Warm up"
2 of 23  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd February 2013, 19:16
I mentioned this earlier Les, and unfortunately made a comment that he was not as regular as he used to be!

Shame....
3 of 23  -   Report This Post

emrach

22nd February 2013, 19:19
I know Les40 but I have only seen a couple and felt that the regulars should be highlighted first but I certainly don't mind adding it.

PS I have emailed you
4 of 23  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd February 2013, 19:26
Cheers Emrach, I'll check again later, the Yahoo email site seems to be struggling to send and receive at the moment so can't get anywhere with it at the moment.
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

emrach

23rd February 2013, 12:12
Bringing to the top
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2013, 18:43
And also bringing to the top...

Come on folks, think about it......

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2013, 23:55
Please at least answer emrach' s original post....

Thank you ....
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

24th February 2013, 11:55
bringing to the top
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

24th February 2013, 18:17
Please read
10 of 23  -   Report This Post