CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redundantelf

15th February 2013, 14:27
I know where you're coming from aristophanes - I keep getting pop up ads that tell me 'I've been unfriended by at least 3 people' on Facebook. Never been on there.

I am also getting invites to 'meet' some local women!!
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

15th February 2013, 14:28
My virus checker warns me not to proceed.
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th February 2013, 14:31
Proceed with what, kilowatt? (I'm worried I have unwittingly done so!)
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

15th February 2013, 14:34
It tells me "This site is suspicious, you are advised to avoid it"
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

15th February 2013, 14:47
Hi kilowatt , the problem is that there was no warning at all. It was not an ad on the side that u inadvertently hover over and it pops up---- this was a full blown attack ad which in my case covered the whole page and there was no way to 'escape' ------ like others i shut the whole system down waited 20-30 minutes and tried again -- so far so good ----- web site protocols may have to be up - dated from the admin side as it is probably hackers but again there was no way to avoid it
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

ralph

15th February 2013, 15:34
Hi Folk.
I experienced a few problems yesterday, (throwing me onto new pages etc )
Strangely enough, I use Photobucket on a very regular basis, the similar faults have been apparent there. Perhaps even worse. They too have been fetching their site into a more modern world and setting, as the owners of this good site are doing.
Appears to me, the problems, which are very frustrating to say the least, are quite endemic. I'm sure the problems will be resolved sooner, rather than later. Good luck with getting it right folk,thinkink coming off the beta setting will highlight the problems faster and assist with sorting them out.
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

busby

15th February 2013, 19:43
I have been affected as well. redirected to dummy.com
30 minutes to post my reply to peer review. My anti virus also finds nothing and my fire wall seems to think nothing is wrong either. I my current on using Chrome Incognito mode. don't know if this is helping but so far so good.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

syzygy

15th February 2013, 21:58
Thanks, Norah. Replied to your e-mail. Problem seems to be fixed.

BTW, I'm a He.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

syzygy

15th February 2013, 22:03
Hi Aristo. I usually get ads relating to recent searches, such as electronics, but lately there are some incredibly endowed Chinese ladies wanting me.

The little power box sounds boffo. Can you send me the link?

19 of 20  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

16th February 2013, 09:05
Syzygy - I've replied to your e-mail but didn't understand your reference to 'BTW I'm a He'. I've just checked back and discovered I said 'she' in this thread so many apologies. For some reason to my simple mind Syzygy sounded like a lady's name! Just as a matter of curiosity, you mention you are in a different time zone. Where do you live?
20 of 20  -   Report This Post