CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

15th February 2013, 12:52
I was determined to respond to this, though it was almost impossible to do so. I can't use this site now- most disappointing. Is it really affecting just a few of us?
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

magworth

15th February 2013, 13:58
You may never manage to read this, Aritophanes, but I shall be very sorry if you can`t use this site any more. You will be missed. mags.
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th February 2013, 14:01
This is most worrying......

Hope your back with us soon Mr A....
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

15th February 2013, 14:01
No aristophanes, it's not just a few who seem to be affected - it's been happening to me (on & off) all day. Norah, it's not just one of those 'pop up' ads - it takes you off this site and puts you on their website.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

15th February 2013, 14:07
I e-mailed Syzygy because I didn't understand what this thread was about but she hasn't responded yet. As it seems to be a major problem, I will get Ash to take a look.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th February 2013, 14:12
I've not encountered this so far, but "it takes you off this site and puts you on their website" (quoted from RE) sounds more like a virus or Trojan than a "legitimate"(!) pop-up.
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

15th February 2013, 14:17
Hi chrise - I've checked my internet security software and run a scan but nothing appears to be amiss. It's also not happening on any other websites I've visited. Hopefully they can get it sorted
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th February 2013, 14:19
I was just able to get back on! As RE says, it isn't just a pop-up. Speaking of which....the pop-up "quality" has definitely deteriorated for some reason. I keep getting ads that say "Power Companies HATE This" (for a little box you can buy to produce enough electricity to light up Miami) and for something called Freakshow.com (featuring a picture of a two-headed pig). I also get pictures of a Russian woman who's offering to come and live with me in the US (she could probably light up Miami too).
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th February 2013, 14:22
I don't know if this could work, but what if the site itself was infected with a virus............?
10 of 20  -   Report This Post