CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » AZED

nikki

11th February 2013, 15:16
I've come to a standstill in NW corner. A hint about 2d might help:Row in California over end of burlesque turn (7).I have LRA??A? Also, can someone please confirm that 11a works - I seem to have a spare 'a' in the wordplay.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

11th February 2013, 15:52
I at last have 2d, but my question about 11a still stands, and I still need to work out 1a:' No date set aside, further day required'. I have S?CO. Someone please put me out of my misery!
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

11th February 2013, 16:15
I now have 1a, at last, but 11a still stands. I feel so lonely discussing this with myself on the forum!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th February 2013, 16:28
Hello Nikki - I'll keep you company! I didn't get the Observer yesterday - what are the clue and solution you've got for 11a?
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

11th February 2013, 16:54
Thank you for offering me company, Bullfrog! It is nort the easiest puzzle to explain, because the theme is 'misprints' so the answers do not conform to usual rules. However, I came back to the site to say that I had made sense of 11a, finally, and my assumptions of something along the lines of 'Parisian', 'Parischen', etc, waere completely wrong - it is a word that I had never heard of!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

11th February 2013, 16:55
P.S. Spot the deliberate misprint in what I last posted!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

11th February 2013, 17:03
Also a misprint in 'misprint' in that post - should have been 'misprints'!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th February 2013, 18:25
Good - glad you're sorted out. I have to admit that shortly after offering to keep you company, I had to go and cook dinner!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED