CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

2nd February 2013, 13:17
chrise - the "word wizard" is still down for me
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd February 2013, 13:27
Thank you Chrise, Rossim and Sudo. I'll wait t see ifanyone else has found a pattern of number and letters. I'll telephone Hodder Educaton on Monday or Tuesday. It would seem they've taken over Chambers from Harrap. We'll see.

Re the missing letters. Methinks I'll start another thread to Norah. It only happens on the new-format site.
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd February 2013, 13:34
Each copy must have an individual code .

I don't think giving you my code will help, because I presume it links to a copy on the CD. I would be unwilling to do so anyway.

Every single 0 on my copy has a strike through which must be a Zero.

I agree the code is very poor quality. I'm almost blind in one eye, and long sighted in th other, so I'm permantly reaching for the magnifying glass.

PS Those missing letters when you type are VERY annoying.

I'm sure with perseverance you will get there. I've had to reinstall my copy a couple of times, and its worked.
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd February 2013, 13:38
Actually, if you can provide an email address, I'm willing to send you my code to see if works.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd February 2013, 13:55
I'm off out now. I'll check in later.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd February 2013, 14:02
Thanks a mllion GWA. As you can see from my original post, I have my own unique registration number. Thanks for the offer but we're warned not to put emai addess up for general access. I'm sure, yours would not work with my CD anyway.

As there are NO crossed O's on my package, I've no idea where the capital o or zero appears. I also cannot distinguish between 1 and capital i

I'd be VEY gradeful if you could spare a minute to list where the numbers and letters appear on yours using L = letter and N = number. I'll then try with mine.

eg. my reg no. CHDO-070I-00IC-V36U
I've (among many others) tried LLLN-NNNN-NNNL-NNL. The last group is obvious, of course This, and others, have failed.

Thanking you in anticipaion

PS. I've had to go back throgh (the missing "u") this post to add about 8 missing letters) I wonder if Norah knows?
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd February 2013, 14:04
That last group should be LNNL.

I'll refer Norah here aout the missig!!! letters
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd February 2013, 14:07
I thought you could use a throwaway email address.

here goes

LLLN NLNL NNLL NLNL
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

jolan

2nd February 2013, 14:22
Thank you GWA. I see MY last group is LNNL while yours is NLNL. I'm late for an appointment now, so I'll try using your kindly supplied pattern tommrrow to try to sort out my o/O problem. If it works, I'll post a further reply. I'm very grateful. Thank's again. John
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd February 2013, 14:14
Well GWA! I can't thank you enough. A short while ago I tried following your letter/number format (using my own last group). I was delighted when the input code was accepted first try. The installation went ahead without a hitch.

Once again, than you for your kindness

John.

PS. The "missing letter" problem seems worse today. I had to make four additions to the above. I don't want to intall Google Chrome but may hjave to. It's funny the 'missing letter (an space)' problem only appears on this site.

The quik browm fox jmped over the lazydog.

FAR WORSE today!
13 of 14  -   Report This Post