CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

2nd February 2013, 12:41
I'm now much more sure of all my answers, including those really cryptic short ones, but it's taken a helluva lot of checking: now's time for a proper rest at last! Congratulations to those who really wanted to test us: you sure did succeed!
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd February 2013, 14:00
I did get all the threes yesterday- with the exception of one: LIT's 24d. These little critters were excellent for the most part. There were a few Britishisms in this puzzle that made it a bit more challenging. I do often wonder if acronym answers should have the letter-numbers shown as (for example) (1,1,1). I had to clue YMCA in one of the JEs and it appeared as (4). I'll have to dwell on my missing two letters- a real brain freeze...
44 of 55  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2013, 17:41
The trouble when s'one else voices a problem on this forum is that you tend to re-re-check what you've got yourself, so now I, too, am wondering whether what I've got for 24d is correct, tho' I really can't find anything better! Would LIT perhaps like to make clear whether the comma makes a difference? Sounds ridiculous, but we've got to the stage obviously of querying just about everything....................
45 of 55  -   Report This Post

rosalind

2nd February 2013, 22:16
Think I'm playing on the wrong sports field. Wonder if there could be a hints list for the neuronally challenged.
46 of 55  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd February 2013, 00:13
@ Rosalind: I think those of us who think they have at least nearly finished really are still trying to work out the cryptic bits for themselves first, and as there has been hardly a concrete wish expressed nor anyone willing to express his own ideas, in the tradition of all JEs if I remember rightly,the time is bound to come very soon where everybody will loosen up & exchange ideas more openly. I am very split between two possibilities for the one I now find most mysterious,for instance, but as I find both pretty unsatisfactory & no-one is asking directly, I thought it better to keep quiet at first: after all the puzzle has only been available just 48 hours now. And in any case I think you should feel free to ask what you want: for a long time I found it very hard myself.Does that make sense? Perhaps we are all being too cagey, though. I wonder what others will say now. There has beden relatively little exchange so far to judge anything properly in my opinion.
47 of 55  -   Report This Post

rosalind

3rd February 2013, 07:40
Sorry all
Should have made myself much clearer. I didn't mean spoiler type hints on here, rather that perhaps we could provide a hint with our clues to be published as a drop box list.
48 of 55  -   Report This Post

ab

3rd February 2013, 12:14
Just a bump for weekend forum members who may have missed it.
49 of 55  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

4th February 2013, 15:21
Nobody interested in JE any longer, Why?
50 of 55  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th February 2013, 15:24
I don't think that I will make any more progress on the 5 3-letter words that I can't parse (and probably have wrong)!
51 of 55  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

4th February 2013, 15:29
Pretty much the same for me Chris - my printout is now in a position where it receives detailed study at least twice a day - don't worry I always wash my hands...
52 of 55  -   Report This Post