CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

2nd February 2013, 03:10
Glad you're enjoying it, I'm off to the airport now guys, got an appointment with a mountain.
Take care all, Les40
35 of 55  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2013, 08:30
@ bbm2: just realized while lying in bed how good your clue is for 45! In fact punctuation would rather ruin it, wouldn't it?! Only hope my other guesses for the last few difficult 3-letter ones are just as fortunate: I rather doubt it-- e.g. Les's 2d still bothers me: could there almost be a connection between the right solution here and your 45d, if you see what I mean? Different context, but from the wording, I mean. Perhaps I'm just wandering down the garden path, though.
36 of 55  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

2nd February 2013, 11:15
@gk; glad you got there in the end . I'm struggling with a few of the 3 letter ones myself (including your7d!) am not 100% about Les's 2d so I don't feel I should comment in case I take you too far down the garden path , out the gate and into the nearest auberge
37 of 55  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd February 2013, 11:20
Hi BBM2
I'm not entirely confident of my 46ac, so I may be entirely on the wrong path with your 45d. Can you tell me if the middle letter is S? (If you don't feel able to, no hard feelings!)
38 of 55  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

2nd February 2013, 11:26
@chrise; yes it's an "s" ...
39 of 55  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd February 2013, 11:29
Thanks bbm2 - no closer to understanding it, though. Perhaps inspiration will strike in the small hours, as it did for GK!
40 of 55  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

2nd February 2013, 11:34
Off out soon so if you don't want to wait for the small hours just say if you'd like an obscure hint
41 of 55  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd February 2013, 11:44
A bit early for hints - I'll stick with it for a bit yet.
42 of 55  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2013, 12:41
I'm now much more sure of all my answers, including those really cryptic short ones, but it's taken a helluva lot of checking: now's time for a proper rest at last! Congratulations to those who really wanted to test us: you sure did succeed!
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd February 2013, 14:00
I did get all the threes yesterday- with the exception of one: LIT's 24d. These little critters were excellent for the most part. There were a few Britishisms in this puzzle that made it a bit more challenging. I do often wonder if acronym answers should have the letter-numbers shown as (for example) (1,1,1). I had to clue YMCA in one of the JEs and it appeared as (4). I'll have to dwell on my missing two letters- a real brain freeze...
44 of 55  -   Report This Post