CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

saki

31st January 2013, 11:58
To quote The Beatles, "I've got to admit it's getting better"! Well done Ash Norah and team.
1 of 25  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

31st January 2013, 12:13
We seem to have lost the navigation buttons from just above the topic list - I thought that having them top and bottom was a good idea. Also I think that the New Thread button should more logically be at the top. But as I said elsewhere all credit to Ash and Norah and their team for responding so quickly.
2 of 25  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st January 2013, 12:17
Hi bullfrog
I think the navigation buttons at the top are there when the thread goes to more than one page - I'll keep an eye on it for confirmation (or otherwise), though
3 of 25  -   Report This Post

bernie

31st January 2013, 12:21
Yes Chris, that's how it is here!
4 of 25  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st January 2013, 12:25
That's also true of the navigation buttons at the bottom, of course!

I was going to ask for the "Reply" button to be repeated at the top, but with each post having its "Reply to this post" link, this isn't necessary.

I do see the advantage of having a "New thread" button at the top, so you don't need to scroll to the bottom of the page to open a new thread. It's a very minor inconvenience, though.
5 of 25  -   Report This Post

bernie

31st January 2013, 12:31
I hope I'm not teaching my granny to suck eggs, but here goes; If you want to get straight to the bottom of a page, press the "End" key (Far right of keyboard), if you want to go straight to the top of a page, press the "Home" key, (also far right of keyboard)!
6 of 25  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st January 2013, 12:46
Indeed not, bernie - I've sometimes wondered what those keys were for........and I used to reach a bit of IT as well!
7 of 25  -   Report This Post

maisiep

31st January 2013, 14:15
Thanks for the tip Bernie. Even after many years on computers it amazing what you can still learn!
8 of 25  -   Report This Post

maisiep

31st January 2013, 14:16
Even more amazing when you can spell "it's".
9 of 25  -   Report This Post

ralph

31st January 2013, 14:22
It's an excellent improvement and far superior presentation all round.

Well done folk, First Class.
10 of 25  -   Report This Post