CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

28th January 2013, 09:12
16ac Possibly a restricted place of call (5)
The answer is KIOSK (I've used the "Check" function on the website) I can see "place of call" - "telephone kiosk" for those with short memories, but I have no idea on the other part. Any suggestions?
(15squared isn't up yet, and I have to go out soon, hence the impatience!)
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

otherstuff

28th January 2013, 09:19
they are somewhat restricted are they not, certainly not enough room to swing the proverbial cat
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th January 2013, 09:21
I'll take your word for it, otherstuff - thanks. A bit feeble though, isn't it?
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

otherstuff

28th January 2013, 09:23
It is Monday and there are often some weak ones to get the week started
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

28th January 2013, 10:27
I agree. Isn't it time Rufus was pensioned off. I know he is supposed to the most prolific setter but quality and quantity aren't aligned in his work as far as I'm concerned.

Every Mon I do his crossword and Kiosk is a prime example of a typically weak Rufus clue. When you look at the standard of Araucaria, Paul, Arachne, Shed etc etc he just isn't up to is he?
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

28th January 2013, 11:56
You've taken the words right out of my mouth! I've said the same before, not only about Rufus, but there seems no way of ousting the weak setters & making room for new blood.Better change to Harper's (thread) today!It's more fun, with several witty "sentences"!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post