CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 16:54
Hi everyone! Did anyone come up with a solution for this cockney resort.? Would love to know, think I've checked threads pretty thoroughly but not found an answer.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2013, 17:00
hi pinkpercy. The answer has not yet been given, only hints. But it is a seaside resort on the east coast, not too many miles away from the other mud island which you suggested.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 17:32
Hi Jazzgirl hope you are well. I can think of lots of places that fit the bill. Ie suitably muddy to deserve the appellation. Top of my list isAllhallows on the Isle of grain. Which was once popular with East Enders but Canvey, Mersea, Foulness, Osea, Northey,and Dengie flats which was scheduled to become
arrival to Clacton before the Second World War intervened . Well! XX
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2013, 17:42
hi again
It's not any of those I'm afraid ;) Here's the original thread where you can see I gave a hint: (not the answer as the quiz has only just come out)
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/318388/mud-island/
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 17:53
A second thought at the end of the19th century the the Thames embankment by Tower Brige was used as a bathing beach by Londoners for day trips and there is also the Isle of Dogs Mudchute? XX. Excuse my spelling I've just had a large pre prandial gin, my keyboard finger is a tad incoherent
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2013, 17:55
Nope, none of those ;)
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 17:57
Hi Jazzgirl we crossed in the post so speak XX
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 18:00
Other than Soufend I give up and await enlightenment XX
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2013, 18:06
I fink you may 'ave it me ol' china x
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

pinkpercy

27th January 2013, 18:17
Well stap me vitals ! I,m staggering off for dinner now,! Thanks your the greatest , the obvious is often the obvious Bye for now XX
10 of 11  -   Report This Post