CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

26th January 2013, 19:41
Hi there
Just to let you know that Ive polished off Death in Venice, Tonio Kroger and others per Tommy Mann. Interesting. Being short I survived ( the novels not me!!!)
Hope all is well with you -- meterologically.
Yrs
Thea
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

theambler

26th January 2013, 19:49
Forgot to mention that my sister in law plus hubby has been in Massa. this past week -- hope they have avoided the flu.

Here we have had several inches of snow. Made a good snowman helped by granddaughters, pulled sledge etc ( second childhood -- Still get freezing fingers )
Listening to Chopin by Rubinstein (Boston Symphony Orch) W O W
THEA
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th January 2013, 20:21
Hello, THEA. Now you can start on Buddenbrooks (if you think you can bear the excitement). Where in MA are they? You really ought to visit your cousin in Colorado. We're heading out that way in April- to Moab, Utah (rather near CO). Just a dusting here now, and it's out of the single digits F during the day. Our local orchestra is quite something, and of course it wouldn't hurt to have Mr. R playing along.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

theambler

26th January 2013, 20:28
Hi Just been told they went to Springfield and then they go to friends in Vermont.
Shall have to look at maps!!!!!
Am polishing up on German geography!!!
Garmish-Partenkirche etc
Thea
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th January 2013, 20:40
Springfield is on the Connecticut River; it's the home of Smith and Wesson, Webster's Dictionary, and the Basketball Hall of Fame. Hm- I wonder why they went there... Vermont is beautiful.

Speaking of Springfield, there was a tornado there the summer before last, and I saw a video of it pulling the river right up out of its bed. Yikes!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th January 2013, 20:45

theambler

26th January 2013, 21:10
Wow! Very impressive. We don't have that sort of thing here, not yet! Thank you for sending the clip. Back to the wine, Chopin and women - or woman! Kind regards
Thea
7 of 7  -   Report This Post