CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hengymro

26th January 2013, 14:57
As usual- only one left,but completely stuck!

6 down.(7,8). N-B-U-S for the first part- is "Business" the next part?

1 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th January 2013, 14:59
Check the U - I have another letter there.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th January 2013, 15:00
btw in this instance it's propably just as well you didn't give the clue!
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th January 2013, 15:45
In case you're still stuck on this one, hengymro, it's not as shocking as it sounds: an expression ending with the taboo word simply means "very energetically" !! The word is of course quite harmless in the U.S. anyway in its everyday usage, and comes (which I didn't realize) from "Bulgarian" as certain 11th entury heretics from there were supposed to practise sodomy! How words do change.....................
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th January 2013, 15:48
.............and btw in modern French also "anodyne", as they would say here!
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

jws

26th January 2013, 16:14
It was a relief when I got the right answer. My first guess would make even Julian and Sandy blush!
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

hengymro

26th January 2013, 16:21
Thank you all- I did have a D in the first part originally but did not realize that an apostrophe could be omitted.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

davenomiddlenamecurtis

26th January 2013, 17:14
I have this answer but I'm afraid I don't understand the clue at all. If I google the answer it just comes up with a song by Rihanna. And if I google the answer along with the definition I don't see anything relevant at all. Can anybody give me a hint as to how the first definition and the answer relate to each other?
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th January 2013, 17:16
"To go like...." could be followed by either the word in the clue or by the solution.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

davenomiddlenamecurtis

26th January 2013, 22:40
Thank you. I agree that the must be how the clue must be supposed to work but I am deeply unimpressed.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post