CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rinkleez

23rd January 2013, 11:09
Last one eludes me and I have to post it tomorrow! What is the end of the Academic year, in Oxford, in late May called? The answer must contain a number. I know it's Trinity term - but that's not exactly a number, is it? Any help gratefully received.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd January 2013, 11:30
As Trinity is a group of 3, then three is probably the answer
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

23rd January 2013, 11:33
I seem to remember posting a link in answer to this question a bit ago. This is text from wikipedia

The English word Trinity is derived from Latin Trinitas, meaning "the number three"
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

23rd January 2013, 11:34
When I was at Uni (not Oxford) we knew it as eighth week. But that was a long time ago.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

23rd January 2013, 12:23
Thank you kilowatt, redundantelf and jazzgirl. Bearing in mind your replies, I don't think the question itself is clear enough. The answer specifically states "all of the answers or questions contain a number" - and all the other answers I have are cardinal numbers ( i.e. 1,6,35 etc). Thanks for your helpall the same.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

23rd January 2013, 12:30
You're welcome rinkleez, but please let us know what the answer is when it's announced.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

23rd January 2013, 13:24
I certainly will, redundantelf. Just had a brainwave (rare, I know!) but just e'd an old school friend who went to Oxford. Awaiting reply - hope it comes before midday tomnorrow!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th January 2013, 07:28
I know it's too late (sorry - it came to me in a rare sleepless period last night), but the answer is EIGHTS' WEEK . It refers to the rowing races.

In Cambridge it was called "The bumps".
8 of 8  -   Report This Post