CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

23rd January 2013, 17:12
Thank you for your excellent entries. Some of the front runners included rosiland @ 2 (despite apparently having trouble with her vowels), ab’s typically ab-esque clue @ 5, imagcq and ixion’s culinary efforts @ 18 & 20 (although the mind boggles at the thought of Heston-style experimentation, and, indeed, at the idea of cooking a trifle in an Aga) but the winner with a late run was therogue @ 21: Horrible woman at magazine composed article of no merit.
Congratulations to therogue, your prize is a virtual magic trick. Apologies if you’ve seen it before, but I hope it amuses you, and you can in turn use it to amaze others. This is the address for the site, then scroll down to the Princess Card Trick
23 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:21
Congrats to therogue

(Sorry bullfrog - your trick doesn't work with habitual card players!)
24 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:22
Well done therogue...nice surface reading.
25 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:23
Many congrats therogue, well deserved.

My apologies to bullfrog (and the rest of you)for my convoluted and awkward clue but I could not get 'gateleg table' out of my mind after the Gruniad's crossword clue from last week!

Great prize bullfrog - I'd forgotten about that one.
26 of 41  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

23rd January 2013, 17:25
Well done Therouge and thanks Bullfrog
27 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:26
Well done, therogue.

The card trick is absolutely amazing, simply can't imagine how that's done, in spite of my sons being magicians (coached by me) for many years.

What a great word for clueing, bullfrog and thanks for the mention.
28 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:41
Congratulations, therogue.
29 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 17:49
Well done therogue and thanks to Bullfrog. Good clip, it took me a couple of tries before I worked out the trick
30 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd January 2013, 17:57
Congratulations, therogue!
(Can it be that ALL the cards disappear? Just wondering: will try again..!)
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

23rd January 2013, 18:04
Well done the rogue......

Will try the trick later....

Could not resist my " quote" as it used to be one of my husbands favourite lines.
32 of 41  -   Report This Post