CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

22nd January 2013, 14:56
I cannot believe 30 of you have posted already and I have yet to buy the RT. Re snow, hope you are all surviving. There has been none yet in Glasgow but I expect we will get our turn!

I am still stuck on one from last week!! No surprise there then.

17D Number landing outside to blaze a trail. I have ?I?N?E? I cannot believe my ones across are wrong. Any help appreciated.
31 of 76  -   Report This Post

mamya

22nd January 2013, 14:59
Pioneer
32 of 76  -   Report This Post

mamya

22nd January 2013, 14:59
Pier around one
33 of 76  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd January 2013, 15:23
Thanks for 5dn, mamya - don't worry wally - I'm an (ex) Chemistry teacher too!
34 of 76  -   Report This Post

jaunty

22nd January 2013, 15:29
thanks jazzgirl for extra clues
35 of 76  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd January 2013, 16:14
Good Afternoon, All. Not too terrible today, although it took me longer to do 3 down than it really should have done.

One of the beauties of island life, is that the salt water all around keeps the snow at bay. I think it must be about three years since we saw any actually lying. My sympathy to all who are not so blessed. Number two son who only passed his driving test last July is now learning new tricks to overcome the snow in Rochdale.

I am having fun watching digging up the road to lay new (not my type, but the sort that carries water). I think this is a male thing, enjoying watching other people work. It only takes a hole in the road, for us to gather round and offer advice. My pearl of wisdom today, was to tell the man down the hole that he should get out before they started to fill it in again. I think he may have said thank you - it may have been something else, though, because I am sure I heard the word off.

Hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P
36 of 76  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd January 2013, 16:17
Hi pipesmoker
You remind me of this quote by Jerome K. Jerome:
'I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.'
37 of 76  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd January 2013, 16:41
A worthy quote, indeed, chrise. I think it applies most aptly to men working in the streetn - where two or three are gathered round a hole, as someone once nearly said.........
38 of 76  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd January 2013, 17:18
Pipesmoker. Do you remember the song about a hole in the ground? Don`t dig there, dig it elsewhere. You`re diggin` it round an` it oughter be square..............`
Same singers as `Right said Fred`. Mag.
39 of 76  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd January 2013, 17:19
Bernard Cribbins, I think, magworth
40 of 76  -   Report This Post