CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

18th January 2013, 11:10
Hi RE

Oh dear, I really was chuffed to have been picked as the winner and I feel more importantly put a few smiles on faces. Now it all seems so irrevelant!! I really don't want you to leave this site as I love your sense of humour and the way in which you always help without patronising. I also appreciate you standing by your decision in picking my entry but - and it is a big but - would like you to rethink your decision about leaving the site. I know you must feel frustrated - even annoyed - but many, many people on this site are on here for the fun. Look at the responses we got for the clue and the clip - the vast majority enjoyed both.

I feel a Sparticus moment coming up - and obviously there is no way I am going to start Clueless on Tuesday - and I am not looking for anyone to suggest otherwise although I really appreciate all the comments that have been left on the clueless thread. We seem to have gone from good team to nae team !!! Hey RE you can't be redundant again. Take Care T xxxx
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th January 2013, 11:28
Aw emrach

First of all - you MUST set the word for Clueless next week, everyone agrees that you should. If you don't feel confident, you can always post a thread asking previous winners for some guiding thoughts, but please do it - you earned it!

With regard to leaving, I was just going to slip away quietly (I had already told les40 that I was pulling out of JE) but having read the post by theambler I felt I had to say something. Maybe at some time later in the year I may feel different - I seriously don't know. But I will pop on every now and then to see how things are going. Take care and good luck for next week.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th January 2013, 11:36
Not going to happen RE but thanks anyway. It just wouldn't feel righ and if the roles were reversed I think you would feel the same way. When you do pop in please say Hi xxx
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th January 2013, 11:38
Ooops - should be right x
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th January 2013, 11:40
I think you're wrong, but if you feel you can't / won't do it - may I suggest you ask bullfrog to step in as he would have been my first choice had I not picked you.
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th January 2013, 11:56
No worries RE will do. I need to do what I feel is right - we have, therefore, moved from Sparticus to Braveheart !! xx
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

bernie

18th January 2013, 13:38
Redundantelf, don't you dare leave this site, if anyone should go, it should be thegrumbler!
Like you, I stumbled uoon this site after retiring and, having more time on my hands, decided to try my hand at the dreaded cryptic crossword! This site was a godsend. Lot's of help from, in the main, friendly people.
The odd kerfuffle with a few troll-like posters, but recently it's been fine. This site has always been FUN. Let's hope it stays that way.
Please Redundatelf, continue your employment here, you know it makes sense!
Best wishes.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

bernie

18th January 2013, 13:38
Redundantelf, don't you dare leave this site, if anyone should go, it should be thegrumbler!
Like you, I stumbled uoon this site after retiring and, having more time on my hands, decided to try my hand at the dreaded cryptic crossword! This site was a godsend. Lot's of help from, in the main, friendly people.
The odd kerfuffle with a few troll-like posters, but recently it's been fine. This site has always been FUN. Let's hope it stays that way.
Please Redundatelf, continue your employment here, you know it makes sense!
Best wishes.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

bernie

18th January 2013, 13:42
I didn't mean to second that emotion! (problems with laptop, sorry)
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2013, 13:47
Lol bernie....so good you said it twice.

@emrach....Braveheart?...I hope you will not be flashing your bum in someone's general direction!!!
10 of 19  -   Report This Post