CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

18th January 2013, 20:26
With only busby still to vote the winner by virtue of a two vote lead over ab is bbm2 with the clever complex anag...

Tomb custodian ordered removal of sand to show Saharan settlement (9)

Your prize is a short snippet of Stewart Lee(I'm beginning to run out of prize ideas). It is rather irreligious but hopefully not offensive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNQLsmfCpTE
39 of 57  -   Report This Post

busby

18th January 2013, 20:44
Thanks for the welcome Pastille, yes I am "the new kid on the block" it's been about a week now. Sorry for dragging the chain on this but while you are all busy scratching your heads over your clues I am fast asleep, different time zone. Just for the record BBM2 post 9 gets my vote.
40 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th January 2013, 20:49
Congratulations, bbm2, thank you, ixion, and ta for the vote, ab!
41 of 57  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th January 2013, 20:55
Congratulations BBM2 off to watch your prize x
42 of 57  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

18th January 2013, 21:14
This week was a right old challenge! Well done to everyone who managed to submit clues.
I suspect ixion was well aware that his chosen word did not exactly lend itself to anagrams or even double definitions ! I began to play with it by adding an "and" to see if it would help, then saw "custodian" emerging and the rest as they say is history ...

I'm delighted to have won and thank Rosalind,mrw,jws,Bullfrog,busby and emrach (sorry but can't remember if you used to be capitalized!) for your votes .

Welcome to busby - where exactly are you?

Finally thanks to ixion for the contest and the prize - Stewart Lee is excellent .
43 of 57  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

18th January 2013, 21:20
... one more thing - with the adverse weather forecast I'm not quite sure if I'll be around to post on time next thursday .
So if there's any volunteers to put on the pencil skirt and stilettos and maybe even seductively chew on the ballpoint...
44 of 57  -   Report This Post

busby

18th January 2013, 21:21
Hi BBM2, how about I post a clue, then anyone can "google" their answer and see if they can post a bit of info about the place eg,location, population,climate etc. What do you think?
45 of 57  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

18th January 2013, 21:24
Excellent idea - go for it !
46 of 57  -   Report This Post

mrw

18th January 2013, 21:26
Well done BBM2. Welcome to the forum Busby, when I saw your name it reminded me of a colleague I knew years ago who nicknamed his daughter busby after a fictional bird from a British telecom advert. Hope you enjoy yourself.
47 of 57  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2013, 22:37
Btw...my obsession with the Specials and ghost town was there is a place in California called Timbuctoo a mining town now considered a Ghost town.... Just saying!!!!!

Oh bugger it ....more wine....x
48 of 57  -   Report This Post