CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

18th January 2013, 01:18
Emrach...you are a very worthy winner, in the words of that other great cruciverbalist of the cloth(besides TheA that is)..."the clue's got to lead to the solution" which your clue certainly did http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords/crossword-blog/2013/jan/14/crossword-roundup-araucaria-announcement.

In any case Clueless and Peer Review have never been strictly Ximenean, I seem to remember TheA winning once with a short poem.

So, I can't concur with you this time TheA...would (and several others have expressed the same)welcome a new Thingy though!

62 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2013, 01:20
Hi toots I think our posts might have crosse p,see read mine...s we ore definitely on the same page.xxx
63 of 82  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

18th January 2013, 08:36
Please set next week's contest , emrach .
I once won with a subtractive anagram which had a letter missing - its only a bit of fun .
64 of 82  -   Report This Post

paul

18th January 2013, 08:37
Hi Emrach;

Your clue was more than worthy to win - glad to see you do so!
65 of 82  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th January 2013, 10:08
Good morning all

I am a successful business man who has just recently retired, so have some time on my hands. I came across this site by accident and have enjoyed participating in it's various competitions etc. - until now.

When I posted the winner of this competition and the comments were starting to come in, I could feel that something was amiss by the pithy nature of some of the posts. I knew then that I had obviously upset some of the purists, but I still stand by my decision to have picked emrach's entry.

Sadly, my enjoyment of this forum has now gone and I will no longer be contributing. Thank you to all the kind comments made by other members of the forum who I believe, like me, want a bit of fun and enjoyment.
66 of 82  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

18th January 2013, 10:28
NO NO NO No NO you must NOT leave the forum RE. Indeed i insist that u stay, you are funny, clever and i consider an all round good egg. Please, please do not let this upset / disappoint / anger you. The majority of people here contribute for fun and enjoy some light banter (which can occasionally get out of hand)On a very selfish level i enjoy your company on clue chain ----- STAY WE NEED YOU XXXXXXXXXX
67 of 82  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th January 2013, 10:38
I don't even enter Clueless as I am complete rubbish at compiling clues. But PLEASE STAY, redundantelf. PLEASE !!xx It's all a bit of fun and I have appreciated your help, knowledge and wit.
68 of 82  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th January 2013, 10:41
PS and I also loved emrach's clue
69 of 82  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th January 2013, 11:03
Please don't leave RE. You make a valuable contribution to the forum and it is supposed to be fun afterall.
I don't enter many comps as my clue setting doesn't usually go beyond simple anagrams and I don't feel qualified to judge other peoples' clues.
I did get a vote once on PR and it made my day.
PLEASE STAY RE. x
70 of 82  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th January 2013, 11:18
Hi all you lovely people.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments but I am sure you can understand that I can't possibly start Clueless on Tuesday in light of RE's decision to leave the site - it just wouldn't feel right. I am serious about this so I would appreciate it if someone could step in for me. Thankyou xxx
71 of 82  -   Report This Post