1. England and US lay abandoned long ago in Scotland (4,4,4)- Auld Lang Syne? (Anagram of “england us lay”, means “long ago” in Scotland.
2. Successful speculators may just toss a coin (5-8)- Money spinners? (Cryptic double definition)
3. Ancient Syrian box has two Egyptian leaders carrying it (7) Elamite? (Box- Lam (to beat or strike as in “box your ears”) In two Egyptian leaders (E and e) , holding “it” = E lam it e an Ancient Syrian:
4. Inappropriate sound coming from a fish? (3,2,5) Out of place? (sounds like “out of plaice”)
5. He works along US lines in tail coat? (10) Undertaker? (Long shot, not confident. US definition of undertaker is one who works at a task, a UK undertaker is more specific and wears a tail coat)