CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

singer

14th January 2013, 10:35
Its one of the first times I've managed to do all the clues, usually I get stuck before I've even started, but now I can't get the five letter title. The best I've come up with is 'How to tango' but that seems feeble, and the pattern on the grid doesn't look like a tango. Can any one out there put me out of my misery?
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrisg

14th January 2013, 11:22
singer - see the thread Listener 4223 dated 11th Jan at 17:28. You might want to visit answerbank where there is a thread for Listener crosswords - no answers, just additional hints.
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

singer

14th January 2013, 12:57
chrisg,

I'm sorry - I'm new to this forum, so if I've offended against the rules I apologise. It seemed as if this was the forum to ask for help, and answerbank seems to be more a site for commenting on the quality of the crossword. Surely, if people don't want spoilers they don't go on a spoiler site - so what's the harm?
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

leon

14th January 2013, 13:14
Singer, not sure yet but I am thinking, more on the lines of R????, the 'headword' in brewers, dont hesitate to ask about the listener I and others will help if we can,I often need help or fail completely
leon
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrisg

14th January 2013, 14:20
singer. You havent broken any rules and I was just pointing out that answerbank has a thread running on this. I dont think there are many people on this site who do the Listener crossword and therefore you might not get the additional help you need.
Welcome to the Forum - it is a great site
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

buzzb

14th January 2013, 15:52
As per the discussion on answerbank, if you visit the relevant Wikipedia page on the theme of this puzzle and if you pore over the relevant table, the penny is likely to drop.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

singer

15th January 2013, 08:41
buzzb,

I've pored over the said table for quite some time but clearly I'm just not cut out to do listener crosswords.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

mrmournful

15th January 2013, 09:08
Have you got the right table
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

singer

15th January 2013, 11:35
I'm working from the wiki page and was using the military before 1956 and the current at the top. There was a suggestion to use r but how to r... doesn't make sense, the other pre-1956 words are b,p,q,s,u and z and of the current there's only t and possibly r that are verbs. If the grid looked more like a chessboard I would go with q but I might as well go for z cos it looks stripey!
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

leon

15th January 2013, 13:09
singer,Im still not sure, maybe radio or roger? I know 'how to roger/radio' dosnt sound right but in brewers all relevant info is listed under 'roger'?
10 of 18  -   Report This Post