CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

manic mary

13th January 2013, 13:10
Please somebody help me./I have read the begining bit of this xword and i dont understand it at all. Not evenany of the clues
thank you in advance.
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

tony

13th January 2013, 20:20
Hi Mary

I thought this was more of Listener level than EV.

If you think 'vowels' you may be able to crack
a difficult puzzle.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

manic mary

15th January 2013, 16:20
Hi tony thank you for the hint. i have done a few more clues butam still not there.All the clues seem to have vowels to do somthing withand I dont know which is wich. W ill keep trying but I think this is to hard for me.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

tony

15th January 2013, 18:08
Hi Mary

Glad you are making some progress.
The thematic word is an obscure Sanskrit one (11 letters) which will indicate the placement of the vowels.

Come back if you need another nudge.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

manic mary

15th January 2013, 18:35
hELLO Tony thank you for tryingto help but this is way over my head. i cany even think of where to put the word even i f i Had any idea about what it wsa. I really do find these very hard.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

tony

15th January 2013, 18:44
Hi Mary

The word runs diagonally from NW to SE.

The groups of 8 cells which must be highlighted are the extreme left & the right of the grid.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

manic mary

15th January 2013, 18:53
You are so kind Tony, thank you. im afraid I dont have enough clues in to evenmak e a geuss at the word.I wi ll keep trying tho.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

shoni71

16th January 2013, 18:35
Hi Tony, I never thought I'd be troublimg you so soon again but Ifor has got under my skin this time.I have two clues to do (I think) 1 down Is the second word a C or K and can you tell nme why please? In 21 across I think the middle letter is an X but again I do not understand why. There are many other answers that I have which I do not understand the reasons for. Please put me out of my misery also regarding the two groups of eight cells since I cannot make heads or tails of, although your previous mail re the LHS and RHS of the grid gives us these. Baffled. Thanks once again for any forthcoming help.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

tony

16th January 2013, 18:57
Hi shoni

As you are so close to finishing I assuming that you have identified the theme of developing 'A Vowel between Consonants'
The LHS runs CAWLOVEC
the RHS runs CWAVELOC

Hope this helps.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

shoni71

16th January 2013, 20:21
Thank you Tony. I realised I had made an error in 16 down and now have solved 21 across and realised that the second letter in 1 down must be a C
I also realised that the 8 letters on opp sides of the grid were the same. You were too quick for me and I thank you for confirming my answers.
Many thanks also for your so prompt reply.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post