CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

12th January 2013, 16:22
Hi all

Got the following message from BT about "improvements" to my broadband line. The happening is next Tuesday and there may be subsequent problems. I'll take a look before I post but may not be able to reconnect at 5.

On 15-Jan-13, we’ll be upgrading your local phone exchange. That means you’ll get a stronger, more reliable broadband connection. (It might make it a bit faster, too.)
What will happen on the day?

At some point before 6pm, we’ll switch off your broadband and phone for a few minutes. They should restart again automatically when we’ve finished the upgrade. But if they don’t, just turn your BT Home Hub off and on again. If you’re not using your BT Home Hub or BT supplied hub-router at the moment, we recommend you reconnect it to get the best out of your broadband. It’ll also help us fix problems if any crop up.
When will the upgrade be finished?

Although the technical stuff will all happen on 15-Jan-13, your line will need some time to settle down. That’ll take up to ten days. Your broadband might slow down or even stop now and again. But don’t worry, that’s normal.

The best thing to do is leave your BT Home Hub on and use your broadband as much as you like. Then your line should settle fairly quickly.

Best wishes (& fingers crossed)

John
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th January 2013, 16:25
hi John
Thanks for letting us know. Good luck ! x
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th January 2013, 20:08
bringing this forward
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

andyc

12th January 2013, 22:12
Hope all goes well Jolan and you get a faster service. Thanks for the warning though!
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

rossim

13th January 2013, 10:29
Thanks Jolan. Back to the top.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

chrisg

13th January 2013, 10:41
Good luck Jolan!
If anyone needs any detailed information on your exchange this is very useful http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

6 of 7  -   Report This Post

rossim

15th January 2013, 08:33
Front page news.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post