CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

9th January 2013, 16:47
Just as well Julian and Sandy are not around....things really could get worse....
53 of 91  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

9th January 2013, 16:49
In what way pastille...?
54 of 91  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

9th January 2013, 16:54
Every which way !!
55 of 91  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

9th January 2013, 16:57
Now, now - you girls are at it again. All we need now are emrach and rosalind (she of the painted chocolate)
56 of 91  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

9th January 2013, 17:01
I have been meaning to ask RE, what r u doing with yr time now. Having dispensed all the goodies, largess e and goodwill u must be thinking of a well earned holiday---i suspect somewhere warm a swimming pool and an appropriate cocktail - please let us know.
57 of 91  -   Report This Post

pastille

9th January 2013, 17:12
Julian and Sandy were a michevious pair who would pop up now and again to post usually saucy clues.....basically a pseudonym that people " borrow" myself included...

I could tell you invented them, but then I would have to kill you.....
58 of 91  -   Report This Post

pastille

9th January 2013, 17:13
I mean "who invented".....
59 of 91  -   Report This Post

pastille

9th January 2013, 17:30
"Bona palare pipe" said Julian to Sandy.(10)
60 of 91  -   Report This Post

peterm

9th January 2013, 17:41
What a great response. Glad to see the creative juices are still flowing bountifully in 2013. I really could have picked any one of the entries, but those that inched ahead included Greedy Kite’s post 8 (I wondered who would be the first with the Spoonerism), aristo’s delicious post 17 (as a recent and reluctant smartphone convert, it was too close to the mark to win the star prize), ixion’s post 28 and jws’s post 29 - both very clever, and as a lifelong student of German I had to admire the Germanistic mentions of Handy.

But for me, the Koh-i-Noor amongst all these gems is reduntantelf’s post 4: “Unfortunately, her postman is redundant due to the popularity of this.” Pithy, clever and relevant.

And the prize is a short clip (a bit grainy) which I hope raises a smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y8iGFjUeQg

Thanks to everyone for taking part.
61 of 91  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

9th January 2013, 17:46
i very nearly did not post after that one -- well done RE --Thanks peterm for a good word
62 of 91  -   Report This Post