CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bob

8th November 2009, 22:04
After a few weeks of success my brain will not work this week. I have managed most of the lower art of this puzzle but the top part is a mess!! 1A would kick start me "Cape Horn not full of certain marine organisms" (11) Grateful for any help. Must be an anagram I think but not sure.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

8th November 2009, 22:16
Hi Bob.

Not started yet, but the word cephalopoda springs to mind. Would that work with other clues?

JimC
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

9th November 2009, 08:08
The word is CTENOPHORAN - it's an anagram of "capehornnot"
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

bob

9th November 2009, 08:45
Many, many thanks AJT. Bob
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

9th November 2009, 10:28
Ah! An oft-used word, for sure.

Now I'm glad I waited to start this crossword (as usual, unless there's a postal strike looming)!

JimC
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

bob

9th November 2009, 19:55
Hope that Jim C is having more success than I am with 7D Old pimp about right in indication of mishap with ovaries (9) I have O???O?ON?; As regards 10D A hero goes about fighting serious crime from long ago (11)the only word that seems to fit is CHAMPOLLION which has nothing to do with clue!! Help please. Frustrated in SW France.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

eleanormcn

9th November 2009, 20:32
10 Dn. Perduellion - an archaic word for treason (Chambers)
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bob

9th November 2009, 21:25
Thank you eleanormcn!!! I was too tied up with a Champion also being a hero!! I have now finished the crossword as all other clues made some sense after your help. My sincere thanks.
Bob
8 of 8  -   Report This Post