CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

old gal

2nd January 2013, 15:19
Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all!!! Am making a painful start to this week's puzzle. 4d - a ballet dancer, if my across clue is right then the surname begins with a u. Is this right and where can I find the name. I have looked briefly at google but am stumped by the amount of dancers. Any other clue please, ie nationality?
21 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2013, 15:23
Sorry to confuse you, jazzy - there's a book (and now film) called "We need to talk about Kevin) by Lionel SHRIVER. I think I was misremembering another clue where there was a "R/L" switch indication.
22 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2013, 15:24
Old gal
The dancer is English, recently retired. Went on a farwell tour with Katherine Jenkins, I think.
23 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrisg

2nd January 2013, 15:37
old gal - she is also a judge on "strictly"
24 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 15:53
Good to see you back with us not-so-old gal and Happy and Healthy New Year to you.
Thanks chrise for enlightening me re Kevin.
25 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 15:53
Good to see you back with us not-so-old gal and Happy and Healthy New Year to you.
Thanks chrise for enlightening me re Kevin.
26 of 54  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd January 2013, 15:56
Why do my posts keep coming up twice, coming up twice !
27 of 54  -   Report This Post

magworth

2nd January 2013, 18:29
Jazzgirl. I`d never heard of the Derek either, but could think of a small Scottish building ending in `y` - so then googled and found the Derek !!
The Kevin of the book attacked his school - with a crossbow if I remember correctly - so it`s not one to read now. Mags.
28 of 54  -   Report This Post

magworth

2nd January 2013, 18:31
Old Gal - nice to see your back. Did anyone tell you the dancer`s name begins with `D` -not `U` ? Mags.
29 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2013, 18:32
Quiz question:
What is the connection between the "Derek" and "Torvill and Dean"?
30 of 54  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT No 2