CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

klm

7th December 2008, 14:25
I am stuck with 9 letters which "can be arranged to spell the name of the mystery missing treat". I would expect the answer to be a cake, since all the others were. But the letters are awful! Here they are

A C F I K L R U X

The answer need not be a single word (indeed I am certain it isn't).
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th December 2008, 14:56
Just a thought .. if the L & X that you have are instead E & T, then you have an anagram of FRUIT CAKE. I hope this doesn't lead you down a false path though.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

klm

7th December 2008, 16:06
Very good! I am sure you're right. Let me run the clues past you where I must have gone wrong:-

1. Milligan's biblical abbreviation? (6)

2. Year-end figures for Apple? (8)

Both answers are cakes. I went for 1. CARROT (due to the inclusion of OT for biblical and the fact that Spike Milligan had an album called 'Can a Parrot Eat a Carrot?') and 2. DOUGHNUT (as Apple's stock had a bad year therefore doughnut = zero)

Any other ideas?
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th December 2008, 17:12
Spike Milligan's character in The Goon Show was Eccles, so I think that may be the answer to the first clue (Eccles Cake & Ecclesiasticus).
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

klm

7th December 2008, 18:01
Excellent! Thanks JimC - fruit cake it must be (I still can't work out the answer to the Apple question though...)
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

royston bowden

7th December 2008, 18:26
Year end figures for apple = turnover!

Royston
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

klm

7th December 2008, 18:53
Much better! Honestly, my answers were WAY off, but at least they were sort of creative :-) Many thanks you too, much appreciated.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post