CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

4th November 2009, 16:01
I think Shirley's point is that some people seem to get hold of the quiz, let everyone else do the work, then presumably send it off as their own effort in an attempt to win a prize. Someone even recently opened their posting with the words 'I'm hopeless at these quizzes', which makes you wonder 'Why do them then?'
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

4th November 2009, 16:09
I agree with Shirley's point(and Bullfrog)so I often choose not to answer.Although I'm sure Gary will get his answers anyway but is that so bad? Surely Knott!

10 of 17  -   Report This Post

gary

4th November 2009, 16:34
I can ensure all of you that even though this quiz does have finacial rewards, I will NOT be entering, its like starting a crossword, you just want to complete it, and thats the same with this quiz that I started I just want to complete it and without people out there giving advice, clues and answers, I would not be able to complete it.
Yes I fully agree that even if I did not post anything the site would still exist, but the point I am trying to make if no one puts anything on the site then it would be like a broken pencil, pointless.

Gary
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

s knott

4th November 2009, 16:39
Gary,

"Have you been finding it difficult to finish your crossword? Do you have an elusive clue? Then the crossword solver at Crossword Clue Solver is for you".
That is the objective of the site taken from the Home page. Do you want this amending to "Do you have 50 or 60 elusive clues"? Anyway, many people on this site will help you however many clues you post.

Trevor,
You naughty boy. Are you hinting that you don't think my name is Shirley?
S.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

4th November 2009, 17:02
Gary only wants to complete it in the sense that he wants to know what the answers are without going to the bother of trying very hard to work them out himself.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

4th November 2009, 17:11
Sorry Miss Knut, I take it all back :-(

Gary - I wish you all the best.
sometimes the quizzes do overwhelm this forum (I'm thinking of the recent Baddies/Tough guys, amongst others)with the same clues repeated almost everyday but I guess thats the price this forum pays for it's success.
Eeww - that line is as corny as your pencil joke(Blackadder - 25Yr's ago?),maybe I should delete that line.

...Anyway,why not send it in - I think it would cost you a small fee going towards a charity and if you do win you could always donate it back to them.
all the best
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

4th November 2009, 19:07
(Should have read,Sorry Miss Knott - I am a naughty boy)
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th November 2009, 19:40
opposite of big
+
opposite of black
+
opposite of cow
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

4th November 2009, 19:44
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Still a bit tricky.