CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magic1

3rd November 2009, 22:30
Clue 38 ".......but his second mate got him into trouble" (8) I have Bigamist as the answer for this clue but am unable to fathom its connection with the clue or its connection with the previous clue,as it is connected. Any explanation gladly received or an alternative clue if the answer is not bigamist. Thankyou
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd November 2009, 23:03
It would help if you told us the previous clue as we don't all have it in front of us.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic 1

3rd November 2009, 23:10
John From Arran Sorry Clue 37 "Jolly Roger skipper who got separated from one of the hands.... (7,4,) Think the answer to that is Captain Hook Hope this helps.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd November 2009, 23:18
There is no connection with the previous clue that I know of
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd November 2009, 23:19
To have a second mate in this context is illegal therefore you would be in trouble
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

escher

3rd November 2009, 23:20
Look at the clue as it is wirtten and don't be put off by looking for a link other than a tenuous nautical link between the wording of the two clues.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic1

3rd November 2009, 23:23
Mamya As I am sure you know, the rainbow clues that are seperated by dots are usually connected in some way or other.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd November 2009, 23:30
I think Escher is right in that the link is a tenuous nautical one and the clue should be read in isolation. Look for a 1953 film directed by and starring Ida Lupino.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd November 2009, 23:42
Well I have the quiz in front of me and there are quite a few seperated by.......

and I can see no link tenuous or otherwise, but am not positive have solved the clues in isolation and of course may be wrong
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic1

4th November 2009, 09:58
Clue 38 Rainbow quiz. Thank you one and all for your comprehensive replies. A good nights sleep and the reasoned statements in front of me have convinced me of the answer. Thank you also John (from Arran)for your most positive clue a 1953 film. Probably I was trying to complicate the reasons for the answer.!
10 of 10  -   Report This Post