CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

janebb

8th December 2012, 21:56
can't find the posting again from a regular poster who said his/her arthritis is getting worse. There is a book I have, revised and updated in 1995, entitled 'Curing Arthritis the Drug Free Way' by Margaret Hills SRN. 1st published by Sheldon Press. It helped me and worth a read.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

redcoral

8th December 2012, 22:04
Thank you ..... But I,m now waiting for a left hip replacement as it went very suddenly. Both knees have had arthritis for sometime but the hip has crumbled so fast & I now need to use a stick. I did look at various books & watched my diet but to no avail with my wretched hip!
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

janebb

8th December 2012, 22:58
redcoral. I had a left total hip replacement 2 yrs. ago, takes about 6 weeks to get back to normal - since then like new. Good luck, but you really wont need it. Please try and get the book, I do believe it's unique in the diet and a very interesting read.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

janebb

8th December 2012, 23:03
p.s. Do you take Glucosamine and Chondroitin, my G.P's insist I take it.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

doglet

9th December 2012, 09:14
I have it in my fingers and knees and have acupuncture on my knees with good results but take green lipped mussel/seaweed as my gp and my vet dont like glucosamin and usually the vets right
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

verona

9th December 2012, 09:38
The best thing I ever did for my arthritis was to start taking organic apple cider vinegar regularly( I buy it from a farm in Settle)after reading a thesis about acid balance in the body. My GP pooh pooh it, but I no longer have any symptons. It is what works for you. I make up a mug up with warm water, a tbspn of vinegar and a tspn of honey
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

redcoral

9th December 2012, 13:21
Thank you all for your kind suggestions .... All much appreciated. Doctor has given me patches which I have to change every 3 days & they have reduced the pain. Never heard of them before!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

hallgreening

9th December 2012, 13:31
Dear Jane. I have extremely severe arthritis, for the last 40 years.Joint replacements are great, but there are various reasons why they can't do that to me. I find that the only thing that keeps it at bay is daily-twice daily excercise. Walk a measured amount no matter what the pain. Don't stop for any reason. It must be regular, twice daily, and must increase over time. If you miss a day you will feel it. No excuses allowed for not walking. Doctors are a dead loss re drug treatment-nothing works, except opiate pain relief. But remember, you must never sit still for more than an hour at a time. I know what I've written looks banal, but it is the conclusion drawn from long and bitter experience.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post