I hope someone can help….
My friend sent me the below cryptic question, but I’m no good at cryptic crosswords.
I’ve had a go at answering some questions, but I really have no clue.
Please let me know if I got any answers right and I would really appreciate if someone could help out with the other answers…….
1. Learns a building is a weapons store (7) ARSENAL
2. Referee casually returns bearing plant (4)
3. Burn car around end of the month (4)
4. Negotiated small part for self (3) EGO
5. He left torn leather on the ball (5)
6. Drags toes, in a manner of speaking (4)
7. Remove clasp and become established (4,4)
8. Coming out of one’s shell? (8) EMERGING
9. Den back in Rialto (4)
10. Little Edward has to carry stuffed toy (5,4)
11. Anger shown when entourage misses out (6)
12. Panic merchant writes a list, rings branch (8)
13. Zodiac symbol found on apple (4)
14. Lucky futon tear was mended (9)
15. One, by mistake, gets black timber (5) EBONY
16. Boyfriend has loud bow (4) BEAU
17. Might have 24 hours to make distress call (6) MAYDAY
18. Peace body very keen to be everlasting (7) UNDYING
19. Even once fairs close (4) NEAR, NEXT
20. Madonna boxing? Bother! (3)
21. Detective Inspector is outside the Spanish food shop (4) DELI
22. Forebear represented on a crest (8) ANCESTOR