CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

5th December 2012, 10:18
Hello everyone. Snow today !! Very early this far south.
51 - no problems, but I am not convinced by my answer to 10 ac - a pesky little four-letterer.
I`ll be interested to see what others say. Mags.
1 of 29  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th December 2012, 10:21
Clue please.
2 of 29  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th December 2012, 10:39
`Morning Rossim. I don`t want to give too much away, as some people won`t have got the RT yet.
The clue is` left hand first for engaging bar`
I have ? A ? L and the answer I`ve got can be read both ways. One way - what a train runs on. I just can`t see where `engaging` fits in.I don`t think such a person is engaging! mags.
3 of 29  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th December 2012, 10:48
Try a 3-letter word for an aqnimal's hand + left = what you're looking for (I didn't know it either) -- certainly not what you've got!
4 of 29  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th December 2012, 10:54
I think left might mean taking away. It goes with the word you have but I won't spoil things. I don't think the reversed word is relevant.
5 of 29  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th December 2012, 10:56
Looks like I'm well off track! Sorry.
6 of 29  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th December 2012, 11:08
Yes! Greedy Kite, I`ve googled the word you suggest and you`re right. Never heard that before. Thank you - all done now. mags.
7 of 29  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

5th December 2012, 18:40
Hi,All.

RT 51 not too terrible and I agree with what greedy kite suggested.

Two RTs within a week. All very nice, but somewhere along the road, we are going find a big black hole. A void with no crossword to fill it. Let's hope Santa brings a book of crosswords to bridge the gap.

Life has been a bit busy lately, so I tend to do only those crosswords with the possibility of a prize at the end. Talking of which, I picked up another Catholic Herald prize the other week. Still awaiting its arrival.

I saw some signs of snow on the mainland yesterday, but happily, none here yet.

Hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P
8 of 29  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th December 2012, 18:44
Hi pipesmoker et al

Awaiting bad weather tomorrow, though it has been lovely today.

Nearly finished in 10 minutes, but held up an embarassingly long time on 4d Flock waiting to cross river (4) Doh!!!!
9 of 29  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th December 2012, 14:41
Well, I've almost finished, bar 23a and my brain has gone numb. Thanks to GK, I finally got 10a (never heard of such a thing, but found some images in google) How did ChrisE do this in 10 mins!!!? It has taken 50 so far :(
10 of 29  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 51