CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

3rd December 2012, 08:00
I can't see the latest genius crossword this morning. If I sign in at the main Grauniad screen then search on 'crossword' then click on 'genius', I get last month's #113 - but no grid.

If I search the archives on the righthand side, using 'genius' and 'December' and '2012', I get the intro page to the genius and it invites me to sign in. If I try to sign in it says I'm already signed in and it throws me back to the Grauniad's main page.

If I crawl back to the genius intro page and click to see the crossword I get the heading for #114 by Paul, including special instructions - but again, no grid or clues.

What the heck is going on?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

scarlett

3rd December 2012, 08:26
It seems to be there now.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

scarlett

3rd December 2012, 08:27
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crossword/print/0,,-28658,00.html?answers=137
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd December 2012, 08:29
Thanks Scarlett but your link failed.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd December 2012, 08:31
OK, if I cut and paste I get the grid and clues (thanks) - but now there are no special instructions with them! Is this the printable version?
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

scarlett

3rd December 2012, 08:33
I used the archive link to find it then clicked on genius 114 by Paul and hey presto! I could email you a scanned copy??
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

scarlett

3rd December 2012, 08:35
Here are the special instructions:
Special instructions: Eight clues lead to solutions to be entered in the grid that have undergone a small 14 across or two. Deadline for entries is 23:59 GMT on Saturday 5 January. You need to register once (top left link) and then sign in to guardian.co.uk to enter our online competition for a £100 monthly prize.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd December 2012, 08:35
Scarlett, how did you get to it? If just tried going: main grauniad page -> crosswords -> '
Latest Genius crossword
This month's Genius crossword'
and that gives me last month's!

If I do the archive search i get a blank where the grid/clues should be. If I click for the print version I get the page you linked to (I can see the specials now - missed them before).
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd December 2012, 08:38
Thanks for your help, Scarlett. I'll print it out and tackle it.

My only problem now is that I can't fill it in online and submit it - but then I don't, usually.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post