CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosie

2nd December 2012, 20:10
Can anyone please tell me where the 'cynical remark' running round the perimeter starts?

Thanks.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

janebb

2nd December 2012, 22:03
How about telling us please how many letters does the clue have, and do you have any letters to start with, name of the crossword and date.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd December 2012, 22:35
janebb

rosie has told us the corssword and details. Its the Enigmatic Variations Crossword No. 1047 from The Telegraph.

Its one of the tougher crosswords out there, like the Azed, with fewer solvers on here - hence the lack of response.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

orson

3rd December 2012, 00:28
Bottom row, fifth from the left. I'm still wondering what to put in those four fenced off squares. It could equally well be a few things.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

tony

3rd December 2012, 10:44
I have assumed that the word connected with the last two words running round the perimeter
is to be placed in the blocked off area.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

orson

3rd December 2012, 20:41
But if I'm thinking what I think you're thinking, Tony, I don't see how that word (or any other apart from "spot") relates to the title: X MARKS THE ????
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

tony

3rd December 2012, 21:41
Orson I agree that spot fits the title but the letter omitted from the 14 answers (P - pennies) 'does not emerge' from the (other word).
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

manic mary

4th December 2012, 18:22
I have managed yto finish most of the clues not the 33across or down and think i know what the saying is but cant work out what gfoes in the blanked out bit. apart from what it would be expexted to be. Please help me.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

tony

4th December 2012, 18:52
33a Do(p)ing

33d Del (operator) E

There is a difference of opinion regarding the blanked-off area.
SPOT satisfies the Title while Slot fits the vending machine connection.
As I said in an earlier post there is also the hint in the preamble about the omitted letter (P). If it is taken that P is Pennies,
and they 'do not emerge' (from the machine) then SLOT would seem to be the correct one.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

manic mary

4th December 2012, 19:18
tony-thank you for your help-it all seems to fit whenyou know what you are looking for.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1047