CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

4th December 2012, 16:36
Thanks, Jazzgirl. I`d assumed that word came from `teeth` rather than cuts - I admit I haven`t looked it up. My mind was lingering on `score` to make cuts in, say, chicken!
On now to 51.........
Mags.
41 of 52  -   Report This Post

primarni

6th December 2012, 09:01
Hi guys could anyone please help me with 10a? i have ?G?E but cannot work out the clue for the life of me!
Thanks, J xxx
42 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

6th December 2012, 09:07
Hi Primani. Look back and read what Greedy Kite sent, to help me. It`s a strange word. However, your `g` is wrong. It should be
? A ? L. Mags.
43 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

6th December 2012, 09:09
Primani - re 2d, he is a regular on `Have I got News for You`. M.
44 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th December 2012, 09:10
Hi
I think Mags is referring to RT51 ?
10a in RT50 is ague ( a gue(st) i.e. guest(visitor) without the good an (Saint)
45 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

6th December 2012, 09:16
Hi Jazzgirl and Primani. I`ve just realised my mistake. There are RT`s wall-to-wall here, no wonder I`m confused (well that`s my excuse) M.
46 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th December 2012, 09:18
hi Mags
I am off to get my RT51 later today as I heard it was in the shops. It is too cold to think today. The streets are not yet aired enough for me to venture out. ;)
47 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

6th December 2012, 09:37
Hi Jazzgirl. I think that 10ac was the only difficult one in 51 (you`d have got it, anyway)so you`ll finish it even more quickly than you usually do!
I`m glad I don`t need to go out today but going to the RA on Saturday so I`m hoping for no more snow. Mags.
48 of 52  -   Report This Post

primarni

6th December 2012, 09:52
Thank you lovelies, no worries for the mistake M and Jazzgirl I did think ague (admittedly with the help of quick solve) but I just couldn't fit it to the clue! Off to get 51 later too. Thank you again and i hope you all have a lovely day xxx
49 of 52  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

7th December 2012, 08:50
Morning all, I too am failing to keep up with all these RTs, but have enjoyed reading this thread. We should pace ourselves or we'll have none to do for a month - although the Christmas one will be a biggie. Has anyone cracked the Wordfinder for this one? I have TAIARNEFBKI and can't work it out, even with the help of Chambers etc. Have a dry day everyone.
50 of 52  -   Report This Post