CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sheila

1st November 2009, 15:00
Managed to solve all clues for first time ever but cannot decipher name of actress from the given letters!
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

jolan

1st November 2009, 15:05
Ah! Please give us the clue
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

jolan

1st November 2009, 15:07
... and the answer!. Someone will be sure to explain
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

simon

1st November 2009, 16:58
Same here- cannot work out the name of actress, yet finished crossword!There is a picture of actress underneath crossword yet cannot recognise her either.
These are the letters which need unscrambling to reveal actress's name- hrpoeloatps

Ta v much also, Simon
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

jimc

1st November 2009, 17:06
I don't have the paper or photograph of the actress, but 'hrpoeloatps' can unscramble to make a two-word film title 'TP' that stars the actress 'SB' (amongst others).

JimC
P.S. £250 if you win, please.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st November 2009, 17:07
Hi Simon and Sheila,

I don't have the crossword in front of me but, if your letters are correct Simon, the film is The Proposal. For that reason, in all probability the actress is Sandra Bullock or, and less likely, Mary Steenburgen.

It might be worth trying Google Images.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

simon

1st November 2009, 17:09
JimC- How does that help Sheila and I please? We need name of actress with the letters provided please. Cheers, Si
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st November 2009, 17:10
Hello Jim,

It's seems like many moons ago since you and I synchronised!

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

simon

1st November 2009, 17:14
Letters are correct. Letters are not name of a film, the letters are name of an actress. It says the shaded letters will spell out the name of an actress- so please everyone- unscramble these letters only RHPOELOAPST ( all these letters are 100% correct)! Not unless the DT are having a big joke with us all- deciding to spell out name of film instead to confuse us all!! Cheers, Simon
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st November 2009, 17:15
Hi Simon,

On the basis of the letters which you provided, the anagram of those letters is The Proposal and both Jim and I have come up with the same answer.

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
10 of 17  -   Report This Post