CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

27th November 2012, 09:40
Hi Folks. In my edition the clue for 21 down is missing. Not sure if this affects everyone. I have emailed the RT and pointed this out. Apart from the missing clue, found this crossword quite straightforward. I hope none of you are flooded out in this dreadful weather.
1 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th November 2012, 11:39
hi chrisg
Just returned from the shops with my copy of the RT. No sign of 21d so this should be fun for us, first of all choosing our own four-letter word and then seeing who can give the most amusing clue. ;0)
2 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrisg

27th November 2012, 11:42
Hi jazzgirl - Good idea - look forward to it !
3 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th November 2012, 12:29
Just finished (bar 21d ) I'm not sure of my answer for 6d. I have a word meaning amusing, but cannot parse it.
4 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th November 2012, 12:31
Ignore last post. I had a spelling error , so it is OK
5 of 56  -   Report This Post

genehunt

27th November 2012, 12:43
Hi all,
Can't do much about missing clues, but I'm surprised by xword "solvers" having to ask for help with clues.
Without wishing to sound smug, (which usually means the opposite)the RT cryptic xword can be solved every time, usually wuthin a short space of time, so no need to ask the nerdies for help!
In our days of the PC, (computer, that is, not the copper or the Brussels beast) unless you are a Troglodyte or some such similar cave-dwelling hermit, you should have, or have access to, a laptop at least, and here you have the world, so to speak, at your finger tips, it's just a matter of using your loaf about searching. I have used this method and it's pretty well foolproof every time. Some may feel it's cheating, but it's only a little further along from asking for added clues (!)
And now for something completely different.
I was in my local hardware store today, and was amused by the instructions on a roll of repair tape for split or leaking pipes, it read, 'make sure all surfaces are clean and DRY!
Good luck with 21 down, but if you're really stuck......
6 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th November 2012, 12:47
I've just bought a pack of peanuts for the birds. Label reads: Warning: contains NUTS
7 of 56  -   Report This Post

genehunt

27th November 2012, 13:36
Jazzgirl,

Mybe that's a label that should be put at the top of this help forum?
8 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th November 2012, 13:38
My offer for 21dn
Sounds fit to encounter flesh? (4)
9 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th November 2012, 13:39
Most forums contain a few nuts !
10 of 56  -   Report This Post