CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bumbler

24th November 2012, 14:46
Like Parris I think I'm losing the plot. 6D clue is "never known before". Got most of the letters and it looks obvious but I can't make the obvious fit!
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2012, 14:48
unprecedented ?
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

bumbler

24th November 2012, 14:54
Jaxzzgirl, thank you. I almost had money on you being the first to respond. It fits all the letters, and I'm sure you are right, and I don't have a dictionary with me on holiday to check, but.... I would have expected the clue to be "never done before" for the answer to be unprecedented..... still it's going in anyhow.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2012, 14:55
enjoy your holiday bumbler.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2012, 14:57
PS the online dictionary shows "never done or known before" so looks OK
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

bumbler

24th November 2012, 14:58
I am Jazzgirl. Thnak you for the thought. I have to phone my elderly mum on international call rates soon to see how she's getting on with it. Could be an expensive call..!
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2012, 14:59
Where in the World are you ? How is Mum ?
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

rossim

24th November 2012, 15:00
Bumbler. I hope you are somewhere warm and sunny!
If you have no dictionary you can always make use of the boxes at the top of this page.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

bumbler

24th November 2012, 15:06
Jazzgirl, Rossim, you're absolutely right. Never realised thay were there and so quick. Too attached to paper & real books!! I'm in Gran Canaria for next 10 days so really warm and sunny. Watching BBC news about follds and cold in UK..! Mum is doing well for her age after her hip replacement. Still driving (just) and still as sharp minded as ever. Just lacks a computer to get extra help from.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2012, 15:10
It's solving crosswords that has kept her mind sharp, no doubt. Let's hope it works for me !
10 of 12  -   Report This Post