CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

20th November 2012, 11:04
Can any kind person explain how to start this puzzle! Many thanks.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

les40

20th November 2012, 11:32
Hi Unclued,
I sometimes have a go at starting the Listener (if I've got lots of time) but when I looked at this and discovered it was something that looked like a mathematician's workings out of the theory of relativity, I gave it a wide berth. Let me know if you make progress. Good luck
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

unclued

20th November 2012, 11:47
Thanks Les - I agree maths puzzles aren't my scene but I thought I'd try it. Unfortunately I don't know where to go first!
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

leon

20th November 2012, 23:51
I would help if I could, but I cant, my mind just goes blank with numericals
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

cruciverbalist

21st November 2012, 12:18
Suggest you start with Square 7. 'a' and 'j' are both 2 digit numbers and 4a = j. The area of this square must have 5 digits, and must start with the same digit as 'j', so the possibilities are quickly reduced to one. Suggest you then look at Squares 7/9/8/6/3 with 2 in that order, following the same logical procedure. When you have a few of the Square's sides the thematic property should be apparent, and this will enable completion of the grid's final 6 cells. The title hints at what should be highlighted.

Good luck !
5 of 5  -   Report This Post