CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

17th November 2012, 12:54
Have changed my mind on # 8: is anyone else thinking along the lines of an old children's TV series?(plus other elements of course)
44 of 54  -   Report This Post

polly dee

17th November 2012, 13:51
I think we may have come to the same conclusion greedykite !!!
45 of 54  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th November 2012, 16:21
For polly & others: no doubt now -- google how he was constructed & you will follow the clue completely!
46 of 54  -   Report This Post

gen2

18th November 2012, 20:51
In case there is someone still around who has not yet been told all the answers and would rather have the questions to solve for themselves, the quiz sheets are still available as detailed below:

Closing date is January 31st 2013.

Quizzes are available . B Y . P O S T . for just £1 each + SAE
Payment by securely taped coins or cheque made payable to 'Kirkcaldy Art Club'

Available from:

The Secretary
Kirkcaldy Art Club
38 Douglas Street
KIRKCALDY
Fife
KY1 1QG
47 of 54  -   Report This Post

mamya

18th November 2012, 23:09
Brilliant quiz as always Gen.
48 of 54  -   Report This Post

chorley9

19th November 2012, 10:17
This is the reason I've stopped doing certain quizzes. They are discussed on here soon after they are out and end up with half the answers given away. Why?
49 of 54  -   Report This Post

polly dee

19th November 2012, 11:13
Why look if you don't want to know - all you need is self control. Some of us enjoy the interaction of like minds.
50 of 54  -   Report This Post

chorley9

19th November 2012, 11:29
Any excuse, the setter is obviously not happy about it either. A lot of work must go into setting a good quiz so why give answers away.
51 of 54  -   Report This Post

bunty

19th November 2012, 11:35
I can't see any actual answers having been given, only hints and like polly says , you don't have to look at the thread1
52 of 54  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

19th November 2012, 11:44
I am slowly getting tired of these never-ending discussions of principle on whether the asking & answering of questions on quiz problems should be taboo on both these forums or not. I suggest for the future that the setter make absolutely clear from the beginning whether he/she wishes silence (possibly until just before closing date) or not. After all, one could argue that the discussion contributes to their popularity & thus to the total sum of proceeds. So far the vast majority of answers have definitely NOT been given, only additionalclues to the most difficult(and even there without any certainty).That is the legitimate function of "Help Forums".And once again: no-one is obliged to look in at all!Any more arguments left?
53 of 54  -   Report This Post